Children’s Dentistry – Give Your Kids the Gift of Healthy Teeth
You may not think of childhood tooth decay as a disease, until you recognize its consequences. Unchecked pediatric dental disease can:
- Cause problems with eating, speaking and learning
- Negatively impact growth, function and self-esteem
- Inhibit children’s cognitive and social development
- Affect the overall quality of a child’s life
What Does a Children’s Dentist Offer?
- Oral health exams, which includes cavity risk assessments in mother and child
- Preventive dental care, which includes cleaning, nutrition and diet recommendations, and may include fluoride treatments.
- Habit counseling (about pacifier use, for example)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions
- Care for dental injuries like fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth